Ceramic flooring is becoming more popular with commercial establishments and we thought we’d publish a few tips to help get those floors sparkling clean. There’s a good reason many commercial property owners are switching to tile. It’s relatively inexpensive, it’s durable and it’s made from highly-sustainable materials. It’s also easy to maintain. Before you get started on your regular floor cleaning program, heed these tips in order to perform a stellar job you can see yourself in.
- Clean on a Daily Basis: For best results, we recommend that you give your floors a good vacuum cleaning daily. Notice how we didn’t recommend that you sweep the entire floor. Sweeping creates a cloud of debris, which can harm the air quality of your establishment. Use a backpack vacuum if at all possible.
- Mop the Floors: Always use a clean mop to clean your ceramic floor. This should go without saying, but it’s easy to clean for too long without rinsing your mop out. Change the water often, keep the bucket nearby and keep that mop clean as you go. For the cleaner, an all-purpose cleaner should do the trick.
- Wet/Dry Vac to Prevent Resettling: After you’ve scrubbed the flooring, use a wet/dry vac to extract any solution or soil that may have been left behind. This will help those materials from resettling into your floor, thus preserving all your hard work.
- Use Machines for Grout: We don’t recommend ever cleaning ceramic grout by hand, mostly because it’s so time consuming and also because the cleaner fumes may be caustic. Instead, use a cylindrical brush floor machine. A machine is much stronger than your hand and will make easy work of soils and other materials that have become embedded in the grout.
- Avoid Sealants or Finish: You may think you’re doing right by your floor by applying that sealant or finish, but those materials usually aren’t necessary on ceramic. You’ll only increase costs and labor time in maintaining your floor by adding those things. Just let the beauty of your floor shine through naturally and put these five tips to work on a regular basis to keep your tiles gleaming like the first day you had them installed.
Or you could call TCS Floors, where we have the tools, cleaners and experience necessary to get your floors just as clean as you’d like. Call us today for a free evaluation.