To retain a professional, clean and shining appearance, Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT) flooring requires special maintenance. Even a high-end floor will lose its shine with the steady grinding effect of dust, dirt and grime underfoot. The best deterrence is daily attention with a dust mop and periodic cleaning with the recommended products.
The desired shine of your VCT floor might start fading after some time. Does your floor look dull and non-lustrous even after mopping? It’s time to go for VCT waxing that can give you back the preferred glossy luster. Although you must go for professional help for proper VCT maintenance, but you can also wax your floors yourself.
Just follow these easy-to-do steps:
- Clean the floor properly with a broom or vacuum cleaner to remove all loose dirt.
- Mop the entire floor with a diluted cleaning solution.
- Allow the floor to dry completely.
- Mop the entire floor again with clean water to remove any residue left by the cleaning solution.
- Once the floor dries completely, put a good quality floor wax on a small area of VCT floor.
- Spread the wax evenly and gently with a new and clean mop in this area. Do not step on the waxed area or mop it again properly, even if you do so.
- Repeat this procedure in other sections of the floor until entire floor is covered and wax is spread evenly all over.
- Leave the waxed floor for at least one hour to dry completely.
- Put the next coat of wax using a similar procedure.
- It is recommended to apply wax in different directions. For example, if you applied the first coat in horizontal lines, apply the second coat in vertical or diagonal lines.
Stripping, waxing, VCT burnishing, scrubbing, VCT wax repairs and commercial floor cleaning services are must for a proper VCT floor maintenance at your home or office and are also time-consuming. You must follow a maintenance plan or hire a professional agency or company like TCS Floor Care Inc. offering annual/regular VCT Maintenance. Maintenance efforts will not only extend the life of your floor, but will also save you money in the long run along with giving your floors a perfect gleaming look.